Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Thoughts



Well, it's finally here... Friday. When you are unemployed that isn't a huge thing. For all you folks slaving away at the office, working on an assembly line, working out in the cold nasty weather, it's huge! I get that. These days my life is slower, more relaxed. This wasn't by choice. The economy played a huge part in it. You work your ass off for 30+ years never thinking that one day it can come to a grinding halt, but it can. Luckily Drewbie and I prepared for this day, and thanks to the great state of Indiana and the fact that we buckled down and paid off 3/4 of our debt, we are paying the bills and able to buy groceries. God help all those people who weren't able to prepare for it.

Thanks to a wonderful Veterinarian in town I have a part time job. Sharon offered me a part time kennel position when she found out Drewbie and I had lost our jobs. What a blessing. I actually enjoy the few hours each morning I spend walking dogs, cleaning kennels, feeding the animals and doing the laundry. Some days are "shittier" than others, but all my little furry friends are always happy to see me. Oh yea, the people are pretty nice too *wink*

Another good thing about my Friday is lunch with my chickies. We go to Mittagessen Delicatessen on College Street. If you've never been there you really must try it. The bacon feta wrap is to die for! I am never sure what chickies will show up. Dianne and I are always there. Amber usually is, and occasionally Kasey and Kelly. Not to mention a few of Dianne's co-workers sprinkled in. What I have learned from this group of gals is amazing. Each one has taught me something, sometimes about them, sometimes about myself. The more open my mind becomes the more I learn. I cherish them all for what they bring to my life.

I bought 4 new canvases today. Gonna get my art on this weekend! I have some ideas bouncing around in my head that need to come out.

And most importantly tomorrow is my "Pig Out" day!! Oh hell ya! I went on this diet and have lost 7 lbs. so far. One day a week you get to totally pig out. There is a entire chapter on why this works. I am not going to explain it all here. We have a pizza in the freezer, triscuits and cheese in the cabinet, and today I bought a Hershey bar with almonds to dip in peanut butter. Maybe this pig out day works because you puke before you go to bed? We'll see what happens!


I hope you all enjoy your weekend. Stay warm, stay safe, and most importantly HAVE FUN!


Peace Out

Friday Funny: Today while I was getting ready to go to lunch I was listening to the radio. The only thing I can get in is the local station. Swap Shop was on. The DJ asked the man what he had to sell and ask for his phone number. As they were getting ready to hang up he verified the phone number and as he was hanging up he said "Peace Out." He got very quiet and then said, "Did I just say Peace Out? I think I just said Peace Out." lol Yes, dude, you said Peace Out! It's all good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment