Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh crap... what am I doing now?

I have to admit, I don't know where this blog will go. It may blossom into something, or fizzle out after a few post, like a lot of things in my life do. There is no deep dark secret that I am alluding too. I just have the habit of picking up a hobby or a passion, buy everything to do it, totally immerse myself in it for a few weeks or months, and then throw it all to the side and wonder what I was thinking. I come by this habit very honestly. My Dad does the same thing. Let me list a few:
  • Cross Stitching -  I bought tons of floss, hoops, cloth, and for a few months cross stitched like my life depended on it. A few years ago I thought I would take it back up long enough to cross stitch a picture for my best friend. Well that worked out really well. She has since got married, moved to Florida and would simply die if I finished the picture of pretty flowers and a bird house and gave it to her. It matched her decor 10 years ago....
  • Crochet - Again, bought every hook available, tons of yarn, a bag and various other items. I crocheted a hat that when you put it on you looked like that crazy Cosby cartoon character. It was freakin' huge! I am not sure where I went wrong! I gave everything away, which really sucks now. I have started crocheting again. This time I decided to pay more attention to the pattern and have actually created a few cute items. One being a very pretty sweater for my new Kindle!
  • Treadmill -  Oh I walked my butt off on this thing. Luckily I was smart enough to buy a used model. I lost weight, and got all fit and decided I really didn't need to bother anymore. The treadmill went to the garage. I have since gained all that weight back and more! Not to worry folks, my hubby moved the treadmill back into the sun room a few months ago. I have been on it.... ok, can't lie... I am still very fluffy. 
  • Weight bench and weights - Again I have kind of caught on to the fact that I have this problem, so I bought the weights used and splurged for a new bench. I would love to say I got all buff and look awesome in a bikini. I would REALLY love to say that. This lasted about two weeks if that. The cat liked laying on the bench, so much so she shredded the pad. Most of the weights I couldn't even lift to put on the bar. My son now has all the weights and bench. The dumb bells are under the bed. Isn't that where everyone keeps them? Women were not meant to be look all buff, right? I bought a one piece! Screw it, I am not in a suit that often anyway.
  • Guitar - While sitting in a beach bar in Florida with my hubby feeling very confident after a few J.D. and diets we were watching a guy sing and play guitar. "I could do that!" And the sad part was I truly believed I could! My son bought me an acoustic for Christmas. Now the real problem was my hands were way to small to handle the chords. Forget the fact I don't read music...
  • Electric Guitar - The neck is much smaller on an electric guitar. Hmmm I still can't read music, and this strumming thing.. looks easy, doesn't it?
  • Harmonica - My brother said ANYONE can play a harmonica. Anyone? Really?
  • Ukulele -  Ok now the neck on this thing is tiny. It only has 4 strings! I found out that you really need to be able to read music, be able to remember all the chords, and be able to STRUM! Folks that is way to much going on for this little pee brain of mine. All the instruments have found new homes except for the acoustic. What? My son bought it for me. It decorates my spare bedroom and who knows, I may wake up one morning knowing how to read music and strum and when I do...... I'll have had too much to drink.
  • Writing a book - I have had some things happen in my life that I thought if I wrote about might help others. I wrote like a mad women. Had some people read what I had written so far and researched self publishing. About 4 chapters into it I realized I knew how it all ended. It still resides on my hard drive as a .doc file.
  • Art - Now this is something that has resurfaced numerous times in my life. I majored in art in high school. I didn't take any of it real serious. In fact I didn't take high school real serious. I managed to get decent grades. I opted to not go to college. I would rather get married to the "Rebel Boy From Hell". (See: Writing a book) Still through out the years I would do what I call doodles. My stuff is a bit off the wall. Last year I met Kelly Barton . I was so drawn to her and her art. I started buying art supplies and discovered acrylic and multi-media. Here we go again........
I think the painting might just stay around for the rest of my life. My sweet hubby is waiting in the wings to see how long this will last. Poor guy. LOL We were recently laid off from our jobs. (Note To Self: Do not find jobs in the same company in the future.) I spend my days painting. I mean I spend ALL my time painting! I don't know if I have talent, all I know is it feels good! Kelly has been my mentor, teacher and cheerleader. So if my hubby gets irritated with my new passion infiltrating every room in the house... well I'll just blame Kelly :-)

So you see, this blog may last a lifetime, or I may never write again. Only time will tell! It may be about my art, or it may just be random dumb shit. One never knows!

1 comment:

  1. I love ya friend! You have such a way with words. I never knew you started me a cross stitch! *hug*

    ReplyDelete