Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Hitchhiker

Recently Dianne (one of my favorite chickies) said she would like to walk around in my head. Just for a short time. I believe my most recent painting "The Hitchhiker" spured her to say that. Folks I can't tell you why these things pop out of my head. I don't know why I paint zebras being flown through the sky by dragon flies. Perhaps a therapist could tell me, but I would rather not ask. Lord knows what else they might dig up.

All I know is sometimes these ideas just begin to form slowly, and sometimes it is just BAM, there it is. This one was a BAM, there it is. I love zebras. My hubby is from South Africa. We have spent quite a few days in Kruger Park. I loved seeing the herds of zebras.

I painted a rather large zebra face I named Zelda. You can see her on my website. suebrassel.com I am contemplating an entire Zelda series. We'll see. I had another idea go BAM today as I was finishing this one up!


Now I am going to go make some fresh coffee, Nutella on graham crackers with a touch of peanut butter (my new favorite snack) and read a bit on my Kindle. With any luck at all my eyes will get droopy and I'll take a nice Sunday nap.

Peace out you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment