Sunday, January 23, 2011

The day before Monday....

Sunday :-) A day for drinking coffee in your jammies and shuffling around the house. Oh crap, wait a minute... that is EVERYDAY! Ok, so I won't feel guilty about it today?! That works. See how I can justify my bullcrap so easily? Yea, I'm like that.

So more on the art addiction today. I first decided I loved art markers. I found out I could use them on canvas. I went to Wally World and bought some el cheapo paints. I mean CHEAP.  Crayola Kids Paints. I knew I had to have something for the background. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a cheap set of markers. Ok, now I'm all set. I painted the background and used markers on the rest of the design. Find Your Bliss was created. I am proud to say a really sweet gal bought this and it is hanging in her office. What she doesn't realize is she has my baby, my first born!


I then surfed the net for some other ideas. Woodstock was created. The ticket and the mini-poster are images I obtained through my surfing. I loved this painting. It is in a gift shop in Brownsburg, IN for sale as are the next two.

 This was fun :-) I liked the idea of using "found" items in my paintings. I studied Kelly's paintings and loved how she used bits of paper and labels. Some friends of ours live in Florida but the Navy took them to Sicily for a few years. During this time we would drive down to check on their house and stay for a few days. That was really good of us, wasn't it?? 

During one of these trips I was in a painting frenzy. We had a couple of rainy days and I got my paint on! I "found" a Jose Cuervo label and the little drink umbrella. What's Florida without a few adult beverages?!




At this point I had actually bought some acrylic paints and was having so much fun using them together with my markers. After every painting Drewbie always assures me, "That's nice. I wouldn't buy it, but that's nice." I am not really sure I have ever painted anything he would buy. But that's cool. He brings me coffee and snacks as I have my head down immersed in a painting. He let's the dogs out to pee and makes sure the house hasn't caught fire. What more can you ask for? He could offer to buy one of these damn paintings!

Peace out peeps 

P.S. I didn't want to mention it... but this is my 3rd blog! They say a habit takes 21 days to develop. So I have 18 more blogs and I'll be so used to blogging it will be second nature to me, right? Tell that to my guitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment